Habemus Papam! Learn 99 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. A Pope From the People
The Wall Street Journal, 3/13/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
Jorge Mario Bergoglio — now Pope Francis — is the first non-European pope in a millennium, the first from Latin America, and the first Jesuit. Read more and learn vocabulary words like authoritarian, dignity, doctrinal, dogma, evangelical, hierarchy, intolerant, kindred, lament, malfeasance, secular, theology, and vanguard.
2. Why the Election of Pope Francis Is Important for Latin America
Time Magazine, 3/13/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 24
Latin America is Catholicism’s great bulwark and the election of Pope Francis holds a lot of significance for the Catholics living there. Read more and learn vocabulary words like acclaimed, charismatic, conduit, dynamic, monopoly, permeated, sacrament, schism, synonymous, theology, and vibrant.
3. Why Pope Francis May Be a Catholic Nightmare
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 44
It seems that not everyone is pleased with the election of Pope Francis. Read more and learn vocabulary words like affiliation, detraction, epoch, eschewed, negligence, profundity, rebuke, reform, speculation, undermine, unruly, and vernacular.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update