Learn 87 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. Sun Tzu Would Have Ruled at StarCraft
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 13
Sun Tzu, who wrote The Art of War circa the sixth century BC, would have been unbeatable at StarCraft II. In the sci-fi strategy game, futuristic humans duke it out with alien races for galactic supremacy, and players act as generals. Read more and learn vocabulary words like caliber, conceal, excess, exploiting, innate, persistence, strategy, and unorthodox.
2. What Does the Unbelievably Bad Air Quality in Beijing Do to the Human Body?
Smithsonian Magazine, 3/1/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 20
Beijing’s terrible air quality is currently in the news, and for good reason: The level of pollution present in the air there is unprecedented for a heavily populated area — what are the implications of this? Read more and learn vocabulary words like burrowing, curtailed, exacerbate, exertion, massive, predisposed, prolonged, pulmonary, and unprecedented.
3. GOP Establishment Charms While Tea Party Filibusters
U.S. News, 3/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 54
What the heck is a filibuster? Read more about how Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky conducted an almost 13-hour filibuster against CIA director nominee John Brennan to demand more information on the administration's drone policies and learn vocabulary words like brutish, chastise, galvanizes, impressionable, libertarian, redress, revel, and touchstone.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update