Learn 101 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. Should Coke and Pepsi Be Worried About SodaStream?
The New Yorker, 2/26/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 36
Love soda? With SodaStream, you can make it at home yourself! And that's precisely what has Coke and Pepsi worried. Read more and learn vocabulary words like aura, bode, boon, commodity, demystifies, discernible, ecumenical, inherent, loom, proprietary, replicate, rogue, and skittish.
2. The Real Forces That Keep Low-Income Kids Out of College
The Atlantic, 2/26/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 52
Low-income kids face many hurdles in the quest for a college degree, including challenges that many Americans don't even realize exist. Read more and learn vocabulary words like aspirants, beleaguered, delve, demise, disengaged, fathom, ingrained, labyrinthine, nebulous, oblivious, remedial, and viable.
3. Michelle Obama: The Business Case for Healthier Food Options
The Wall Street Journal, 2/27/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 13
For years, America's childhood obesity crisis was viewed as an insurmountable problem, one that was too complicated and too entrenched to ever really solve. But thanks to businesses across the country, today many are proving the conventional wisdom wrong. Read more and learn vocabulary words like conventional, eliminating, entrenched, generate, insurmountable, optimistic, and vitality.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update