Learn 84 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 42
Pope Benedict XVI’s announcement that he will step down at the end of the month is stunning, but according to this article, it's not surprising given his experience working with his predecessor John Paul II. Read more and learn vocabulary words like assiduous, bureaucracy, conclave, disarray, emeritus, hierarchy, pontiff, rife, schism, and throes.
2. New technology helps doctors link a patient’s location to illness and treatment
Washington Post, 2/4/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21 (on first page)
Scientists have long struggled to determine the precise triggers of an individual asthma attack, but technology might offer a solution. Read more and learn vocabulary words like advent, burgeoning, contaminated, durable, induce, integrated, portal, prototype, spatial, toxins, and vital.
3. Life Found Deep Under Antarctic Ice for First Time?
National Geographic, 2/5/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
For the first time, scientists believe they have collected life-forms from deep under the Antarctic ice. Read more and learn vocabulary words like affected, celestial, compounds, frigid, illuminate, periodic, retrieving, sediment, species, substantial, and unique.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update