Learn 60 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. How Friendship Makes You More Successful
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
If you truly want to change some aspect of your life, developing friendships with people who aspire to the same goals as you do can lead to more successful endeavors than embarking on solitary efforts. Read more and learn vocabulary words like alluring, chastise, conviction, disheartening, endeavors, futility, proverbial, sedentary, summon, and undermining.
2. Fantastic New Flying Frog Found Has Flappy Forearms
National Geographic, 1/14/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
A huge new frog discovered in Vietnam can "parachute" from tree to tree thanks to special aerodynamic adaptations like webbed feet. Read more and learn vocabulary words like accessible, degradation, development, encroach, habitat, species, temporary, tolerate, and urban.
3. When Science Met The Biggest Loser
U.S. News & World Report, 1/23/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
Who doesn't love the feel-good stories that come out of The Biggest Loser TV show? But how does the show affect viewers' attitudes towards those who suffer from obesity? Read more and learn vocabulary words like bias, corollary, derision, detrimental, gluttony, juggernaut, locus, magnitude, polarizing, predispose, and preservation.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update