Learn 93 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. The 5 Worst New Food Trends
Time Magazine, 1/17/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 33
Love food? Then you should check out these popular, if slightly bizarre, food trends — rock slime, pro-am charcuterie, fake smoke, and postmodern desserts. Read more and learn vocabulary words like acrid, derived, impeccable, impudence, intrepid, ludicrous, ostentatious, peevish, replete, and tepid.
2. China’s Young in Crisis of Declining Fitness
Time Magazine, 1/22/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 29
Despite China's formidable performance in recent Olympic Games, the country has seen the fitness of its young people decline in recent years. Read more and learn vocabulary words like bemoan, deterrent, lackluster, mandatory, phenomenon, proliferation, siphoned, spate, and trigger.
3. Judge Not: How the Celebrity-Industrial Complex Is Eating Its Tail
The New Republic, 1/18/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 31
What's with all the crazy antics of celebrity judges like Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on American Idol? Are they actually drawing ratings? Read more and learn vocabulary words like bombastic, counsel, diluted, docile, existential, incisive, premise, prestige, and timeworn.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update