Learn 146 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
1. On Scene: Highlights from Inauguration Day
Time Magazine, 1/21/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 77
Missed out on watching the Inauguration festivities yesterday? Check out these highlights and learn vocabulary words like audible, dire, discern, dour, emanating, grandiose, homily, invocation, jubilant, mementos, pomp, pretensions, raiment, resentment, robust, stimulus, surreal, and weary.
2. A Guide to the Inauguration's No-Shows
The Atlantic, 1/21/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 17
If you missed the Inauguration, you weren't the only one! Read more about some high-profile no-shows and learn vocabulary words like alibi, averted, cited, dapper, legitimate, persistent, pretext, sanctioned, severity, snub, and visage.
3. Martin Luther King, in His Own Words
U.S. News & World Report, 1/21/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 52
Read excerpts from interviews with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and learn vocabulary words like blatant, caste, devoid, dignity, filibuster, foresee, imperative, intrinsic, morality, recalcitrance, rectify, sporadic, stigmatized, untouchables, and urbanized.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update