Learn 66 vocabulary words from today's Daily Reader:
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 21
Yes, that's right. The Simpsons are still on TV after 23.5 years! Read why this writer thinks the show is still worth watching and learn vocabulary words like ado, anarchy, apocalypse, conventional, debuted, descent, humanity, oriented, parodied, premise, reaction, recurring, throttle, and vivid.
2. Downton Abbey Watch: A Wedding and Some Unexpected News
Time Magazine, 1/7/2013
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 22
Missed the first episode of Downton Abbey this Sunday? Check out this recap and learn vocabulary words like aggravate, annotate, attribute, banter, convalescing, demoted, diverting, dowager, excess, jaunty, lineage, mangled, manipulates, ominous, plucky, and reforming.
3. The Sustainable Meat of the Future: Mealworms?
Smithsonian Magazine, 12/19/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 23
It might seem disgusting, but a new study indicates that insects like mealworms might be the climate-friendly protein alternative of the future. Read more and learn vocabulary words like absurd, assessment, consumption, cultivated, edible, efficient, emitted, expend, profound, prospect, reluctant, ruminants, species, and widespread.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update