Learn 71 vocabulary words from today's Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
1. Hacking the Human Brain: The Next Domain of Warfare
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 32
For a long time, cyberspace has been the “fifth domain” (alongside land, space, air and sea) for warfare. But now there’s a sixth and arguably more important warfighting domain emerging: the human brain. Yes, you read that right! Read more and learn vocabulary words like coercing, divulge, exploited, kinetic, malicious, manipulate, safeguard, susceptibility, and vulnerability.
2. David's Bookclub: The Lincoln-Douglas Debates
Newsweek: The Daily Beast, 12/11/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
If Spielberg's Lincoln whetted your appetite for re-enactment of Civil War politics, then you may want to check out the audiobook of the Lincoln-Douglas debates by David Straithairn and Richard Dreyfuss. Read more and learn vocabulary words like confront, conjures, contemptuous, deploys, devours, gusto, incoherent, momentum, prelude, prone, rebutting, summons, and whetted.
3. Will Venice Finally Get Its First Skyscraper?
The Atlantic, 12/11/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 14
After 75-plus years in the fashion industry, Pierre Cardin has set his sights on shaping the Venice skyline with his proposed Palais Lumiere project. Read more and learn vocabulary words like catapult, compromise, conceived, couturier, grandiose, harmony, panoramic, petitioned, prominent, recalls, and sculpture.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update