Learn 105 vocabulary words from today's Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
1. Rihanna's Feelings Are For Her to Know, and Us to Figure Out
The New Republic, 11/30/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 34
Rihanna's decision to very publicly forgive Chris Brown after he infamously assaulted her has caused significant controversy for the young pop star. Read more and learn vocabulary words like allegiance, calibrated, contemplative, decorum, exhortation, imperative, insistent, paragon, predilections, remiss, repository, repugnant, and sequestered.
2. What We Really Think About When We Watch Reality Television These Days
The Atlantic, 12/4/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 46
Why is it that we love reality TV shows? Is it because we like watching people attempt to survive, or get hitched, or find the perfect wedding dress? Or is there something more to it? Read more and learn vocabulary words like awry, blissful, deprived, ennui, ensue, estranged, introspection, metaphor, pervasive, predilection, proffer, quaint, remnants, suffice, and surreal.
3. Eight Ways People Are Taking Twitter Seriously
Smithsonian Magazine, 11/30/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
Long gone are the days when Twitter was just a fad. These days, it's being hailed as everything from a barometer of the nation’s emotional health to a tool for urban planners to map travel routes. Read more and learn vocabulary words like analytical, conduit, dynamic, epitaph, intensity, linguistic, oxymoron, provoked, recalls, scoff, and urban.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update