Learn 111 vocabulary words from today's Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
1. Worthwhile Canadian Coolness
The New Republic, 11/9/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 38
Sorry, America: Your northern neighbor is hipper than you. From Ryan Reynolds to Carly Rae Jepsen to New York's still-thriving food trend (poutine!) - Canadians have been everywhere this year. Read more and learn vocabulary words like buoyant, commodity, deprecating, eschew, eviscerated, indigenous, paradigm, purveyor, subliminal, subtle, and whimsy.
2. Xbox Surface: Does a Standalone Gaming Tablet Make Sense?
Time Magazine, 11/8/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 39
Rumor has it that Microsoft's next big gaming idea is a 7-inch gaming tablet dubbed “Xbox Surface" that would compete directly with Nintendo’s forthcoming "Wii U." Read more and learn vocabulary words like augmented, compatible, decoy, exorbitant, hoax, implausible, invoke, reinvigorating, speculate, veracity, and wane.
3. Seaweed-threatened corals send chemical SOS to fish
Science News, 11/8/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 34
When a killer seaweed touches a kind of spiky coral, the coral pushes a chemical panic button that brings small resident fish to the rescue - talk about cooperation! Read more and learn vocabulary words like compound, descent, ecologist, fronds, larval, lurk, lush, repel, secrete, toxin, trigger, and vigilant.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update