Learn 155 vocabulary words from today's Daily SAT-ACT Reader which offers three perspectives on the challenges that President Obama faces in the next four years.
1. Obama’s Mandate For Moderation
Time Magazine, 11/7/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 63
According to this Time article, Barack Obama may have won re-election but it remains to be seen if he will be a successful President. Read more about the challenges that he faces and learn vocabulary words like bipartisan, caucus, chastened, cynicism, daunted, deft, extremists, intrusive, monochromatic, peril, ratified, recalcitrance, and vehemently.
2. The Next Four Years: Obama's Steady, Slo-Mo Recovery
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 36
President Barack Obama promises to use his second term to boost the U.S. economy. Read what Businessweek has to say about his odds of doing that and learn vocabulary words like constituents, emanating, induce, integrate, plausible, polarized, predicated, prevail, pristine, recession, revive, and virtuous.
3. Dear President Obama: Congratulations! But We Need To Talk.
Popular Science, 11/7/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 56
Read this open letter from Popular Science to President Obama about science and the future and pick up vocabulary words like aspiration, circumvent, confront, deploy, despicable, eloquently, fusion, monumental, nebula, neutrality, precedents, proliferate, revive, stanch, and vantage.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update