1. Cybercrime: Mobile Changes Everything — And No One’s Safe
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 34
Mobile malware - which spies on our data and leaks GPS positions to track our movements - affects all of us and it's on the rise. Read more and learn vocabulary words like abstract, anomalous, complacent, devours, execute, ironic, isolate, misconception, notorious, obfuscating, propagates, surveillance, and vulnerable.
2. Public or Private: The Fight Over the Future of Water
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 25
All around the world, from the Himalayas to the Great Plains, fresh water is starting to run low. So who owns the water that is left? Read more and learn vocabulary words like arbitrage, awry, commodity, derivatives, equitable, imbalance, momentum, replenish, speculation, and volatility.
3. Thieves Hack Barnes & Noble Point-of-Sale Terminals at 63 Stores
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 15
A band of thieves compromised credit card readers in 63 Barnes & Noble stores in nine states, prompting the giant bookseller to remove the readers from all of its stores while an investigation is underway. Learn more and pick up vocabulary words including authenticated, compromised, disclose, embedded, fraudulent, rogue, siphon, suspicious, and vulnerability.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update