1. 10 Inventions You Haven’t Heard About
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 16
The new iPhone 5 isn't the only exciting innovation out there! Say goodbye to helmet-head with the Hovding bike helmet or learn about the smart carpet that can detect falls and strange footsteps. Read more and learn vocabulary words like algorithm, devise, devout, distort, illuminate, inebriated, legacy, and thermal.
2. Wearable Tech Makes a Fashion Statement
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 19
Appcessories are the next big thing. From Google Glass to the Pebble smart watch, learn about this growing trend and pick up a few vocabulary words including augment, banter, debut, generate, infuse, malfunction, patent, and unveiled.
3. How Brains Make Money
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 30
A group of neuroeconomists have been studying whether greed is hard-wired into the brain. Read more about their fascinating findings and learn vocabulary words like cognitive, contend, dubious, epitome, insight, postulate, prevalent, skittish, and underlying.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update