SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 13
We all know that smoking is definitively NOT cool. But why does Hollywood persist in glamorizing it? Read this commentary and learn vocabulary words like accessible, amnesia, flagrant, genre, impervious, induce, ultimatum, and unaffected.
2. Downton Abbey Creator Reveals a Juicy Idea for a Prequel
Vanity Fair, 9/28/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 7
Downton Abbey fans can rejoice! A prequel about Robert and Cora's courtship may be in the works for our favorite British costume drama. Learn more and pick up a few vocabulary words like aristocracy, conceivably, depict, motive, narrative, patriarch, and premieres.
3. New Zealand’s Luxury Kauri Cliffs Spa Brings Middle Earth to Life
Vanity Fair, 9/27/2012
SAT/ACT Vocabulary Word Count: 6
If you're looking for a dream vacation spot, look no further. Check out this unbelievable resort and learn six key SAT words including compliment, indigenous, laden, lull, renowned, and verdant.
Hope this helps! Let us know if you have suggestions for improvement!
Subscribe to the Daily SAT-ACT Reader:
- Like us on Facebook: 1 daily post
- Follow us on Twitter: 3 tweets a day
- Follow us on Pinterest 3 pins a day
- Subscribe to our Blog by Email: 1 daily email
- Subscribe to our Blog by RSS: 1 daily update