What we offer
ProfessorWord is a free bookmarklet that can be used on any website to:
- Get the definition of any word with the click of your mouse
- Identify more than 5,000 SAT and ACT vocabulary words
ProfessorWord technology integrates the vocabulary learning lifecycle into one seamless experience, offering an easier and more effective way to teach and learn vocabulary.
- Our free bookmarklet helps students find vocabulary and get one-click definitions on any website.
- Our Daily Reader offers 3 reading suggestions every day (Mon-Fri) full of vocabulary words.
- Our student accounts (coming soon!) will allow students to save new vocabulary words and create personalized word lists, review tests, reading suggestions, and more.
- Our free bookmarklet helps teachers find articles by analyzing any website for text complexity (coming soon!) and vocabulary words used.
- Our database (coming soon!) offers the ability to search by vocabulary words and find articles where the words were used.
- Our teacher accounts (coming soon!) will allow teachers to oversee a group of student accounts, assign readings, and track student progress — articles read, words looked up and saved.
Who we are
ProfessorWord was developed by two logophiles from Philadelphia, PA:
Ivan () has worked as a management consultant and an investment analyst. He has volunteered as a literacy and SAT prep tutor. He holds a B.S. from Yale College, double-majoring in Applied Mathematics and Political Science.
Betty () has worked as an education consultant, English teacher, and SAT prep tutor. She holds a B.A. in Economics from Harvard College, an Ed.M in Education Policy and Management from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.Still have questions? Learn more or contact us.
Try it right now!
- Click a word
- Get its definition
We've even highlighted all the SAT/ACT vocab words for you!
Save our free bookmarklet to do this on any website.